Monday, May 28, 2007

Still Writing....

I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to write about for awhile. All my network favorites have had their finales and a couple won't even come back until after Christmas! But leave it to Rosie O'Donnell to not leave me hangin'

I don't watch The View very much. I would occasionally flip over to see what they had to say about American Idol or some other pop culture phenomenon but for the most part they are what women don't want to be. Loud, screechy, biased, (dare I say) b*tchy.... I do like Elizabeth - she's the voice of reason on that show. You know, I wish Meridith Veira was still there instead of on the Today show (exactly what was wrong with Ann Curry, I ask you.) Then I wouldn't have to watch her struggle with how much to say about her family, how caustic to be, and try to figure out how to talk to Matt. Enough about Meredith - that's done.

Rosie got her feeling hurt by Elizabeth and then she quit the show. What?! This is the lesson I want to teach my daughter - go head-to-head with your co-worker and when things don't go your way, leave. That's the way most people do it, isn't it? Or do we work together and try to make our workplace something to be proud of. I understand that this show thrives on its arguments but Rosie is really setting a poor example - for her children if nobody else. I remember the days when she was funny - not anymore.

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I remember when I had my first baby, DJ. Rosie's show on tv was my favorite. She was so fun and delightful to watch. I remember her saying several times that she kept the show upbeat, and that she purposely didn't let alot of what she really thought out. Bless Rosie, she seems so conflicted and unhappy. You can see it in her face. Donald Trump is the least of her worries, she has inner demons to fight. Reminds me of that song - People Need the Lord.
I love Ann Curry - she would have been a great host to sit next to Matt.

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you and Tammy both on this subject!

Anne said...

Ann Curry is my favorite...along with Natalie Morales. And of course it has nothing to do with their names!:)