Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's Too Soon



Well, it's over. I watched the last episode today and I was crying toward the bittersweet end. Is it too soon? Could it have gone on? I suppose but it was a good place to end - Rory with a real job and Lorilei finally getting together with Luke. No weddings. I'm not sure either Luke or Lorilei are ready for that but just seeing them together - I'm veklept.

Good last show. Good end for all the relationships including the one between Lorilei and her mom. I had trouble choosing a tag line for the title because (of course, it's the Gilmore Girls) there were too many. Enjoy.

"I'm sure she's freaking out on the inside." Lane about Lorilei

"You've come a long way, baby." Rory to Lane

"You've given me everything I need." Rory to Lorilei

"I got the material from one of Mom's nighties." Kirk (who else)

"I just like to see you happy." Luke to Lorilei (Isn't that true love?)

"Do they make flasks for hot beverages?" Lorilei to Rory "Yeah, they call them a thermos." Rory's response. Last time in the diner......

4 comments:

Tammy M. said...

That makes me woeful.

Jodi Jean said...

i wrote about the end too, but i was disappointed with the end. differing opinions i guess.

Donna Ware said...

I thought the ending was perfect. It wrapped everything up for me. Luke and Lorelie getting back together-that kiss gave me goosebumps and Rory not marrying that creep Logan-Yeah! She got her job and it involves travel and politics and all the things she loves. All the characters from the show were there--I loved the town meeting. Taylor is such a hoot! Anyway, I can't wait to buy the last season when it comes out and watch the whole thing again. Loved the show!

Jodi Jean said...

i'm not saying there should have been a wedding -- maybe no matter what they did would have made me happy, i'm not ready for it to be over yet. but i was really dissapointed with how they ended things with rory and logan. it was just out of character. the episode before logan and rory talked about factoring each other in. then he came with an ultimatum with her life all planned out for her, where to live where to work. it was just out of left field. and rory's a fighter, she wouldn't have settled him telling her it was all or nothing ... i was just dissapointed. i'm glad you liked it. i knew they would end it that way with both the girls single (how the show started). maybe i'm reading WAY too much into it. i mean it's just a show. thanks for commenting on my blog. (i found your blog from shannon @ rocks in my dryer and her lost post)