Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Patti Can Bring It!

I watched The Clash of the Choirs last night. Now, your nerdy writer, has been looking forward to this show for awhile. I love me some good choir movement, harmony and star singers. You know that as I watched I imagined that at my church.....shhhh, that should probably be a secret.

I tried to find some video of the actual performances last night but apparently there hasn't been any posted yet on YouTube. Of course, Patti LaBelle's choir (from Philadelphia) blew the others out of the water! They sang in true Gospel Choir style - it gave me chill bumps. Blake Shelton's choir (Oklahoma City) actually brought some harmony and 2 Army guys in uniform. It was pretty inspiring.

Worse, by far, Micheal Bolton's choir from New Haven, Conn. I mean, come on, do they have any soul in New Haven?

Watch it tonight. It was long but the music was wonderful - I can't wait to see it again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I loved Clash of the Choirs. Surprised that Nick Lachey's group won, but not totally. They did more different kind of things -- like Flight of the Bumblebee and stuff -- but I thought Patti's group was hands-down the best. The other groups looked more like they were training back-up singers than trying to bring together a choir. Do your homework people! Find out what you're doing!