Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall Shows


It's that time again. Time for me to buy a TV Guide and see what they think I should watch. This year's Hot List was in the Guide for last week and I'd like to offer my opinions.


Pushing Daisies - I've seen the ads for this show and I love the look of it. It has a beautiful, otherworldly sense. Just what this nerdy girl likes. Story of a man who can resurrect the dead with his touch - and then touch again to make dead again. I don't think there are supposed to be spiritual overtones. I would watch this if only to see Kristin Chenoweth - she is a wonder. Her voice and face are worth a stop. She's even a Believer.
Back To You - Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton as small-town news anchors with a past. Looks like a good-ole-fashioned sitcom. Maybe the two of them can step it up a notch above same, same.
Dirty Sexy Money - Yet another soap opera. Now, soap operas aren't bad just they always seem so nasty. Story of a incredibly rich family and the lawyer who inherits their pain. I probably won't bother. Not very family-friendly.
Chuck - Ahhhh, another show for nerds! TV Guide reported that it got a standing ovation at Comic-Con (THE Nerd Convention.)Looks funny, too. Normal guy that turns unwitting into a spy. My favorite - Spys, laughs, cute nerd - I'll watch this one.
Private Practice - Now, IF, and, only IF, I were to watch a nasty soap opera, this would be the one. I did (accidentally) watch the mini-pilot that came on that night on Grey's Anatomy. It's a Grey's spin-off - nuff said.
That's TV Guide's Top Five - I'll finish the list when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Back to You looks hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Saw it last night. It was funny. I expect that is one we will make time for.

Ann